Translate The Page

Friday 27 April 2012

English Indians

 "Hey you need to improve your English  " I over heard an English speaking lad who sat right behind me, at the airport with his friend."but you understood what i said ,isn't  that more important , in any case English is not our language so i don't care about the accent" said she and burst out into giggles. I turned around to look at the girl,she must have been in mid thirties , beautiful looking girl who appeared to be  a small town girl from  north India. The young guy looked at her with disapproving eyes . I could make out he was  not too pleased with her reply but had no answer either and in my opinion she was absolutely right in what she had just said.


                                           
 for more here's the link http://myrootsmywings.blogspot.in/2012/04/guestspeak-do-you-speak-english.html

8 comments:

  1. she was right.... its important to get the message through even if have to use the eyes instead of the language...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whatever floats your boat. I can be a grammar nazi and I can be cool too. Depends on the person I am talking to

    ReplyDelete
  3. It depends on the situation. Both are indeed different and important too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have just commented on your guest post Alka.

    ReplyDelete
  5. indeed! the function of language is to communicate!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. May be very less could be done about accent, But I been into English for a very long time, I prefer that when someone speaks English they do it properly with pronunciation and all, I do not care about the accent. But just because its not our mother tongue doesn't mean you can use it anyway we like, does it? When you do something, do it properly!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I guess it does depend on situations! You can speak the language and yet not get the message across in certain conditions!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. true dr danny but when we have an alternate language whay at all one should communicate in a foreign language to some one who doesnt know it.

      Delete

please leave a comment good bad or ugly doesnt matter just let me know that you were here

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...